Popular Posts

Thursday, December 14, 2017

The Dwelling by Thomas S. Flowers

This book was great until it ended. The author has a talent for writing freaky scenes. Freaky enough they made my skin crawl.



Review:

I loved this authors writing. He does creepy, scary well. What I wasn't so sure about is the plot. John lost his Levin the war while he watched his best friend Ricky die before his eyes, powerless to stop him. Jake is a priest who watched a soldier die in front of him and Maggie is Ricky's widow. John and Jake see ghost soldiers. Maggie is distraught. Together they were the self proclaimed suicide squad. Then there's the house. It has a history of death through various eras. 

It wasn't explained how the characters, suicide squad and house fit together and the story ends abruptly. I love cliffhangers but this isn't a cliffhanger. It's an incomplete story. If the author had included a couple extra chapters tying everything together I'd probably be giving this book 5 stars.


My advice is to buy book 2 and read one after the next. I'm assuming/hoping how they're tied is in book 2.

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment