Popular Posts

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Apocalypse Underwater City by Chrissy Peebles

It has a lot of potential.



My Review:
This is a new author to me and I have very mixed feeling if I'll check out anymore of her books. I enjoyed the author's style and the story. I'm the reader that enjoys YA because of the angsty teenage moments because they make a YA book realistic. Said honestly that's from my many years teaching secondary students. This story nails teenage drama.

The world is thrust into disorder and death when a huge asteroid strikes the surface. Fortunately for Sky her grandparents were on top of that and with investors built an underwater city for the survivors to live in until the surface recovered. Sky is a very  normal teenage girl. She bucks rules and authority and does what she wants. Her best friend isn't so rebellious and more of a follower.

I purchased this book without checking to see who the narrator was. Huge mistake. Elizabeth Meadows is my least favorite of any narrator I've heard. That's my fault for not checking. I did learn she sounds better when I increase the speed. 


A huge issue I had with the story is that it just abruptly stops. No cliffhanger, nothing solved. It simply stops after a major event. Nothing is solved in the book only introduced. It's like the first 8 chapters of a larger text that was cut. The characters and situation are introduced and that's it. There's no real purpose. If it wasn't for that its a fun story but that ruined it for me.

Amazon/Audible

No comments:

Post a Comment