Popular Posts

Saturday, September 24, 2016

The Hospital:The First Mountain Man Story by Keith C. Blackmore Audiobook Review

Not the best, not the worst. For a free book it was entertaining!



My Review:

I picked this one up free and it was intriguing enough I enjoyed it and listened to the entire story. Augustus lives in a world taken over by zombies and he’s doing his normal bit when he gets taken captive by a crazy old lady. The story was a little slow moving and had a major character hole for me. In the beginning he walks into a shop and hears strange sounds coming from upstairs. Tuned into the commotion upstairs he forgets his immediate surroundings leaving him vulnerable and gets him into a sticky situation when an elderly lady grabs his privates then knocks him out. Later in the story he gains backbone. The book is written through his point of view and he doesn’t appear to be a man who puts up with crap. This is where I see a major plot ripple. Why not using his fighting spirit in the first place instead of crumpling? It didn’t make sense or fit the character the author builds.

I also thought the descriptions that were at times hilarious also too much. The story moves slow because it’s filled with narration. An apocalyptic zombie tale I expected more action and less describing the nasty old lady. Overall the story is entertaining and short.

The narrator R.C. Bray has a great voice for the story and the part. He was the best part of the story for me. If I’d have gotten the ebook I most likely never would have gotten past the first couple pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment