Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Last Dance of the Roses by CS Patra Audiobook Review

I'm enjoying this author's versatility.



The Last Dance of the Roses is a kind of love story between Rose and Blake. They’ve known each other since they were small children. Now adults they carry on a sexual relationship. He is a musician and she a dancer. Her life is all about dancing and Blake worries. His loves her more than anything. As the story lapses we find out more about Roses past and see how it affects her future.

This is a slower paced story and the plot crescendos when a horrible accident befalls Rose. I’ve listened to a few books by this author and enjoy her versatility. She doesn’t stay within the structure of a single genre but crosses over many. So depending on my mood I could pull up anyone of her books and listen. Kudos to her. 

I enjoyed the story and the narrator was good but a male narrator didn’t work for me with this story since it’s mostly about Rose. He also didn’t really have the voice for the pacing of this novel. I think a female narrator would have been a better choice but he did good.

Warning don’t read without a box of Kleenex.

Buy Links
Amazon/Audible
iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment