Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ultimate Book Tag

Thank you KayCee K. from Wonder Struck for tagging me.

I tag Marcha Fox and Susanne Leist
Here we go!

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Nope, in fact I used to read during family road trips as a child. Now I spend more time flying and bring my tablet on the plane with me or anywhere else I go. Gotta have my books!

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I'm gonna say Clarissa Lee Moon. She has a way of telling a few seconds worth of action in several pages that keep me on the edge of my seat.

3. Harry Potter or Twilight Series? Give 3 points to support your answer.
This is a difficult one for me but I'm gonna go with Twilight.
1. I love vampires and the series is unique.
2. I actually own all the books (from my junior high teaching days)
3. I can't imagine the challenge as an author in keeping a vampire series PG-13. Mine would be R!

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so what's in it besides books...
No, I don't carry a book bag instead I have a large purse that contains my tablet, 2 flashdrives, lipgloss, keys, and wallet.

5. Do you smell your books?
When they are fresh and new, yes. There is nothing like the untarnished pages of a brand new book.

6. Books with or without illustrations?
I like illustrations in my mind and if the author is talented enough the story unfolds as a movie inside my head. An illustration in the beginning such as the map of middle Earth in the Hobit can be helpful but that's about it.

7. What book did you love reading and later realized it wasn't quality writing?
I can't remember the name because it has been so many years ago but I read a teen romance novel about a chunky girl who loses weight, moves to the beach and suddenly has a hunky boyfriend. At 12 I thought it was amazing! I never read the next book in the series because I discovered V.C. Andrews and it paled in comparison to My Sweet Audrina.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share.
When I was really small I loved Dr. Suess. I still do! My younger sister, 6 years my junior, loved Green Eggs and Ham which we all read to her over and over and over. My mom blames me and my older sis for having the Green Eggs and Ham obsession but it wasn't us but I still had fun reading the book!

9.What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
I have two that have about the same amount of thinness. Where the Wild Things are and The House that Drac built. Love that story to this day!


10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
An Alfred Hitchcock book of shorts. It has a variety of authors and is great fun to take off the shelf and read a story or two before bed.

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Yes, I write and have published two of my stories into novels, As Snow Falls and Eye of The Storm Eilida's Tragedy and one of my stories I have released as shorts the Baby Girl series. I love writing as much or more than reading; creating my own sense of reality inside the pages of a book.

12. When did you get into reading?
I can't really remember. I was small. My mom always read to us and when my older sis started reading I would bring her books to read to me. After awhile I started reading myself and haven't stopped.

13. What is your favorite classic book?
I would have to say Huck Finn. I loved the element of mystery I felt reading it. It has been a couple decades since I read it but I couldn't put it down and spent a few days with it attached to my hands- my eyes glued to the pages.

14. In school was your favorite subject language arts/ English?
No, I hated all the formalities of written language and the physical act of writing. I still do but I can type a mean story! I spent 12 years teaching junior high science!

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated... what would you do?
I would thank the person for the gift; its the thought that counts then I would give it to a friend who was interested or to a used book store. Something like that happened to me. It was an unread book by an author I didn't know. A chapter in I couldn't stand it so I gave it to goodwill.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know is similar to Harry Potter and Hunger Games?
I would say Order of the Seers. It is an excellent read involving a group of youngsters who have special abilities. They use their abilities to fight the good fight and take down the Guild. Fantastic read!

17. What is a bad habit you always do besides rambling while blogging?
Besides rambling? Posting too frequently or not frequently enough. I also think I post too much about my own books. I get excited when someone leaves a good review or blog post about one of my books, or one of my books hits the top 100. I have to share! It's an addiction. See I'm doing it again! Next question.

18. What is your favorite word?
My favorite word is exsanguinate. I learned it while reading a book and discovered it meant to drain of blood. Love the way the word rolls off my tongue.

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb or all of the above?
I'd have to say all of the above. I graduated Summa cum laude I think that puts me in the nerd category. I'm a klutz and make strange jokes nobody gets so I think that puts me in the dweeb and dork categories.

20. Vampire or Fairies, why?
I love vamps but I'm going to abandon them here. I think of a fairy as the ultimate bad guy that humans see as beautiful. In reality they have jagged teeth dripping in drool, bad dead flesh breath, and fingernails so long they curl.

21. Shapeshifters or angels, why?
Shapeshifters because they can change into another form and fool others.

22. Spirits or werewolves, why?
Spirits because they do exist.What's creepier than doors slamming on their own, your items in the house always disappearing and turning up somewhere you didn't leave them and hearing voices in another room when you live alone. Spooky!

23. Zombies or vampires, why?
I'm going with vamps here. I love zombies but vamps are sexy. Damon- Vampire Diaries, need I say more?

24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
I'm a hopeless romantic so I'm gonna say forbidden love. I had a taste of it once. It was awesome but sucked too... Heck, that's why its forbidden.

25. And finally: Romance books or action packed with a few loves scenes mixed in?
Action packed with scattered love scenes mixed in. Too much romance and I'm lost as a reader. I like action, intrigue, mystery but I also enjoy scattered love scenes or heat I can feel between two characters who never actually get it on. The tease. 


No comments:

Post a Comment