Popular Posts

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Lilo Abernathy author of The Light Who Shines

I am tickled pink. I love indie authors and what they offer the literary world. No holds barred fantastic books that captivate my attention for hours on end. Today I bring you Lilo Abernathy. She will be present at the mega author Facebook event Dreams, Fantasies, and Visions June 18-22.



Interview

Elle:  Tell a little about yourself.

Lilo: I was raised in the heart of the Midwest in a blue-collar town. 
As an information hound I can hardly stop myself from typing questions into Google. 
I’ve read thousands of books so they often fall out of my head as soon as I’ve read them. 
At this very moment I’m jonesing for a cup of coffee.
 I have a dry sense of humor, which I embed in my stories. 
I’m a terrible editor so I have to contract that work out. My editor does not suck. 
Beyond all that, the most important thing you need to remember is that my favorite color is purple. 

Elle: What can you tell us about The Light Who Shines?


Lilo: It’s a gritty urban fantasy novel set in a world rife with tension between three different breeds of humans. There are regular people (Norms), people with magical gifts (Gifted) and Vampires (Light and Dark). In this story, Vampires are humans who have been cursed by the Great Demon Lilith. The plot centers on solving the crime of a horrifically tortured and murdered teenage boy.
Bluebell Kildare (a.k.a. Blue) is on the case as the primary for the Supernatural Investigation Bureau, Homicide Unit. At the scene of the crime she finds a powerful magical artifact that is tied to the very creation of the Vampire breed. The artifact acts as a key to an ancient grimiore that is so powerful it gives the ability to cross the boundaries between Earth and the Plane of Fire. With this artifact in her possession, Blue becomes the hunted as well as the hunter.
The world is full of magic and supernatural characters. The story is a large heaping of fantasy and mystery with underlying threads of romance and a dab of thriller. Yet, weaved into all this fun, there is some deeper meaning. The underlying theme for the book is prejudice and hate. It draws startling parallels to the social issues in our world and adds depth and richness to the story.

Elle: Give an overview of the protagonist (s) and any quirks they may have?

Lilo: Blue is a smart and driven investigator with intensely blue eyes, a blue streak in her hair, and a bright aura. She has the gift of being an empathy and a sensitive, which lends itself well to investigations as she is practically a walking lie detector. She can also sense souls. 
Blue is a true hero; a woman you can look up to. While not particularly skilled at hand-to-hand combat, her strengths of will, determination, and integrity will warm your heart. Her sense of honor and desire for justice drives her to jump into the middle some very sticky situations. Her sexy boss, Jack Tanner, sometimes has a hard time keeping her safe.  

Elle: What are some other works you have published?

Lilo: The Light Who Shines is my debut novel and is getting 4.8 stars on Amazon and 4.4 stars on Goodreads. I’m currently working on Book 2 of the Bluebell Kildare series and have just completed writing the prophecy that Blue is destined to fulfill. 

Elle:  What items do you require while writing? 

Lilo: I require a laptop and a cup of coffee. If the words start to stick I’ll add a little Baileys or perhaps switch to a glass of wine.

Elle:  If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Lilo: I live in the Smoky Mountains and after a soft rain, the “Smoke” rises from the trees, covering the mountains like a fluffy white comforter lays over a lover. Sometimes I can see the shadows of the clouds falling on the mountains through my picture window where I write. Would you want to go somewhere else?

Elle: Do you have a favorite author or book?

Lilo: I love Elizabeth Hunter’s writing style in the Elemental Mysteries world and Kim Harrison’s action in the Hollow’s series.

Elle: Describe yourself in three words.


Lilo: Intelligent, Eccentric, Compassionate

No comments:

Post a Comment