Popular Posts

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Travel: Coast to Coast Ramblings

On this wonderful yet chilly Thanksgiving day I am sitting at JIA waiting to embark on my journey from Jacksonville, FL to San Francisco, CA.

My family no doubt is gathered at my sister and brother-law's house partaking in delicious food activities.

Others including my closest friends are gathered in front of their TV's watching the Green Bay/ Detroit game. I am rooting for GB as one of my closest friends is a die hard fan. Hours later...Green Bay was slaughtered.

Pulling into Dulles Airport I spotted a silver car pulled over on the freeway, I thought "Really, I hope he did something really bad to get ticketed on Thanksgiving."

I have to send huge praises for Android Kindle App it even works in airplane mode.

As I exited the mini plane, three seats to a row with the aisle in between I was amused when we exited to the ground. In an effort not too sound naive; I have flown my entire life, before I was even old enough to develop memories, and I have never exited ground level with the exception of Hawaii.

My flight to SFO was more pleasant. I had my own movie screen and free headphones. I remember the days when they showed one movie on a long flight but you had to pay for the headphones. Guess that's a thing of the past. I was also lucky enough that the seat next to me was empty, so I took advantage.

I missed all the games and my family but hear Thanksgiving went well. To all Americans, my friends, my parents, my sisters, my children, and grandchildren love you all! Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment